Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Artist

Supposedly I should spend my time studying my fyp last night, but since Christine asked and I was swayed so I joined her along to go to the French film session at Comm School. It was a black and white silent movie, at the first 20 minute, honestly it was a little bit dulled because I have no fancy on colourless movie, and right now it is silence. So I hold my patient and continue the film.

I am sorry to my bias toward the film, but right after the 20 minutes, I was really impressed by the way the actors use their expression to tell us the story. Even though all I can hear was the music background and how it match up with the story line to go up and down, but I still understand what are they showing. After finished the film, I come back and google search about it. Out of my expectation, this film has picked up more than 70 accolades around the world to become the most awarded French film in history.


'The Artist'

It was nominated most recent by ten Academy Award 2012 and won five, which is Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Original Score and Best Costume Design. And in January 2012, it was nominated twelve BFTAs and won seven which is Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Original Screenplay, Best Original Score, Cinematography, and Costume Design. Other than that, in France César Awards, The Artist won six out of ten nominated and et cetera.

 Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo


The Artist is a black and white silent comedy film. The actors are incredible, their exaggerate expression perhaps not everyone's type but that's the way to make everyone understand what are they trying to say. Both of the main featured actor and actress have a pretty big wide smile, especially Jean Dujardin, so much different when he smiling and not smiling. Something credited to his smile and face expression for all of his Best Actor award huh? 



 Owhh..Such a naturally born star! 


But not my type. :p 


Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment